Monday, January 30, 2012

Making The Mixtape: High School

Oh, mixtapes. I miss you.  You actually made the fine art of making a mix require effort.  Sitting by the boombox or stereo tapedeck, hovering over the pause and stop buttons... ah, those were the days.  I loved making mixtapes, whether they were for myself or for friends.  To get a mixtape from a friend always made my day - In this photo is one made by me, and the top one is made by a middle/high school friend, Jeff.  


Just a small sampling of Jeff's mix:
Bush - The Chemicals Between Us
Toadies - Possum Kingdom
The Verge Pipe - Photograph
Smash Mouth - All Star
Marvelous 3 - Freak of the Week
Lit - Zip-lock
Matchbox 20 - Real World

My Mix:
Edwin McCain - I'll Be
Need To Be Next To You - Leigh Nash
Hemorrhage (In My Hands) - Fuel
Pinch Me - Barenaked Ladies
Take a Picture - Filter
I Knew I Loved You - Savage Garden

As I think I've written before, my musical tastes have expanded and changed since high school ;-)  I am impressed with myself that I even still had these tapes, and don't really know why I had them in my apartment... but alas, they must mean something to me, right?  

Do you have any mixes from high school, or remember making them? 

No comments:

Post a Comment