Saturday, January 28, 2012

Spotlight: Mayer Hawthorne

Mayer Hawthorne hates Nickelback.

I would totally draw hearts around MH, too. #justsayin

In fact, he hates them so much, that he staged his own online halftime show from the basement of his parents' house during the Thanksgiving Detroit Lions game in protest of Nickelback's performance.  I don't even watch football, but that was one halftime show that I needed to check out (I definitely wasn't going to be watching the Nickelback one, that's for sure).  His halftime show did not disappoint, especially when he brought his father out as a guest guitarist.  My cousin Yael introduced me to Mayer Hawthorne's music a few months ago, and I've been loving his 2011 How Do You Do album.  

2 highlights on that album:
1: "The Walk" - the beat isn't necessarily what you'd expect with these lyrics, which is partly why I like it. 
  
"From the moment that I met you, I thought you were fine - so fine
                                                                                               But your shitty f*#@in' attitude has got me changing my mind"

2: "Can't Stop" - Mayer Hawthorne PLUS Snoop Dogg? Sign this girl up. 

To check out his great medley of tunes that he rocked out with Rolling Stone at his halftime show, click HERE.  I don't think you'll be disappointed.  If you are, Snoop Dogg will kizzle your dizzle... or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment