Monday, February 6, 2012

Spotlight: Tim Blane

Tim Blane's music is self-proclaimed "catchy singer/songwriter pop that's perfect for the front seat or the back porch."

Tim, I completely agree. Your music is actually perfect.... anywhere. 

Tim Blane Band  - Tim's 3rd from the Left (photo from Facebook)


His May 2011 album, You Can't Go Back, has been playing on my Spotify account for a few months now, and I have no complaints. "Magnetic", "Lay It All On Me", "Mischief" and "You Can't Go Back" are all favorites and are on my "starred" list.  Honest, quality, acoustic, pop.  Ain't nothin' wrong with that. The other handsome fellows in the photo above include Matt Owens (trumpet), James Casey (sax/vocals), James Williams (drums), Adam Tressler (guitar), and Reuben Cainer (bass).  Handsome fellowsm not included in the photo but are also band members, include Ben Zecker (keys) and Derrick White (trombone).  

Ever mess around with the GarageBand program on a Mac?  If so, you've seen him as a teacher on it.  Also, he was hired to write ringtones for Pepsi.  I'm actually in the market for some new ringtones, Tim... anyways, also, according to his website, he's "shared the stage with acts like the Goo Goo Dolls, CAKE, OneRepublic, KT Tunstall, Fabolous and Sister Hazel." That's, um, FA-BO-LO-US.

If you are at all intrigued to check Mr. Blane and his boys out, I highly suggest this little ditty:

Tim Blane - "Magnetic"

If you have any artists you think that I should check out and/or spotlight, please let me know! I'm always on the lookout for new tunes to fill my earbuds with...


No comments:

Post a Comment