Monday, March 5, 2012

Couldn't Make It Up If I Tried: Dating and Music - "I'm just going to put this out there..."

So, this is sad but true.  I get a plethora of types of messages on the online dating website I have a profile on... on occasion there's a normal one worth responding to, and every once in a while, I even respond to the kinda nutty ones (like this one), just to see what happens:


Um... so, yeah. There's that.  The song?  Santo & Johnny, "Sleepwalk". 
Hello, 1959.  No really, that's when this is from.


Chances are good that he sent the same message out to 27 other girls in hopes that 1 would respond.  I was just chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' all cool, and decided: "what the hell, let's see what this dude is about."  I was very nice and chatted him up, and very quickly, he offered up his phone number to grab coffee. Then, this happened:



Sword lessons?  Um, there's a lot of jokes I can make about that.  I'm all set on any kind of  sword lessons you're wanting to give me, dude.  Thanks, but no thanks. 
... I'll take the '63 Aston Martin, though. Powder blue. 
;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment