Sunday, April 1, 2012

Memorabilia


Back a few years ago (in my past life, as I refer to it), I was putting together a birthday gift for the guy I was dating.  He and I were both really into music and went to a lot of concerts together, and when we could, we'd stay after shows to get autographs or go to CD signing events. I had an idea to take his signed album covers and have put them in a frame.   I decided to do the same with mine, but haven't hung it up in my apartment yet... actually, I never got around to hanging it up in my last apartment, either. Hmm. Maybe I'll get on that. 

Anyways, my musical tastes have since expanded, but I think it's kinda fun to look back at what I was listening to a few years ago.  I don't listen to BNL as much anymore, Guster still has a place on my iPod, and of course, my friends in The Last Goodnight will always be on there, even if it's just Kurtis John doing his own thing now. Graham Colton has since started to do his own solo thing, and I'm diggin' what he's doing.

My first autograph: Sean Hurley from Vertical Horizon



I've been keeping all of my recent ticket stubs on my little board by my door - just started collecting 'em there.  Eventually, they'll make their way into my scrapbook.
Dropkick Murphys; Josh Radin; Flogging Molly; Ron Pope; Immortal Technique; 
Augustana; Amos Lee; The Airborne Toxic Event; Marc Broussard; Chadwick Stokes (Radio 92.9 Holiday Show)


Do you save concert tickets? What about other kinds of tickets? I realize now that I have a Museum of Fine Arts stub in there, too.  What makes you want to save ticket stubs?  

No comments:

Post a Comment