Tuesday, June 5, 2012

"Please Excuse Me While I Kiss This Guy" and Other Mistaken Lyrics

I have become a fan of Thought Catalog - a lot of interesting articles on that site, so check it out if you're looking for some new ideas/a place that may have you thinking, "Yea! I feel that way too!"  I came across one about songs that people don't really know the lyrics to.  It made me think of songs I've listened to in my short almost-28-year-old life, so I thought I'd compile a small list, and see what any of you out there in Internet Land didn't know the lyrics to, either.


5 Songs No One Actually Knows The Lyrics To


The Thought Catalog's article features these 5 songs:
1. Yellow Ledbetter“ by Pearl Jam - Bedwetter? What?
2. “Come on Eileen” by Dexy’s Midnight Runners - I think that Save Ferris's version  helped this issue, what do you think?
3. “September” by Earth, Wind, and Fire - "AYYYYEEEEAAAHHH, Somethin' somethin' someeeeeethin'...."
4. “One Week” by Barenaked Ladies - I'll admit that I used to know a good majority of these words, but certainly not all of them...
5. “The Numa Numa Song” - Uh, yeah.  I don't even know that these are definitely English words... are they?  I'll have to look 'em up.


So, as a young'in I was under the impression that "Stir It Up" by Bob Marley and the Wailers was "Cereal."  "Ceeeerrrrrealllll.  Little darlinnnnn', ceeeereaaaalll."  Yep, because that made sense. Yep, I'm admitting it to the Interwebs.


Also, "Informer" by Snow.  What the hell is going on in that song?  "A licky boom boom down."  Yes, I got that much.  I think he drops his name a few times, too. But... huh? 


What are some of your favorite mistaken-lyric songs?

No comments:

Post a Comment