Here's what I'm listening to this week:
- J.D. McPherson - North Side Gal - This song gets my foot tapping! I can't help but think back to sitting in the backseat of my mom's station wagon and thinking that "Big D 103" was the only radio station in Connecticut (it was the only one she ever played in the car). Oldies have a special place in my heart! I probably would have done pretty well at sock hops, I'm not gonna lie.
- Talking Heads - Nothing But Flowers - At first listen it just sounds like a fun and carefree song, but definitely one that can make you think! I love when Guster covers this song, but couldn't find a good video to share.
- Dawes - A Little Bit of Everything - "I think that love is so much easier than you realize/ If you can give yourself to someone/ Then you should..."
- Dion Roy - Daughter - my friend Dion's song for Father's Day; very sweet.
- Morning Parade - Under the Stars - I wrote a post about this band back in March, and they were in town today with my friends at @Radio929.