Tuesday, July 31, 2012

10 Best Overplayed Songs - Play It Again, Sam?

B-B-B-Benny and the Jets.

You've heard it... 300 times in your life? 301, maybe?
The Thought Catalog is back again with thoughts about the 10 best overplayed songs.  Take a look at the list:


"Three Little Birds"Bob Marley - A fun song, there are songs I'm certainly more tired of hearing...
"Hands Down" - Dashboard Confessional - I didn't expect this to ever be on a list like this, and don't know the last time I heard this song, other than on my iPod's 'Shuffle' option.
"Like A Prayer"Madonna 
 "What's Your Fantasy?"Ludacris 
"Imagine" - John Lennon - Used in countless tributes, and who doesn't like The Beatles?
"Bennie and the Jets"Elton John - Just try to listen to this song and resist just one round of "B-B-B-Benny!"
"Time After Time"Cyndi Lauper 
"Wonderful Tonight" Eric Clapton - This song just makes me think about my high school junior prom, but I don't really hear it often enough to consider it "overplayed songs list worthy"
“Auld Lang Syne”Multiple Artists (Writer, Robert Burns) - New Years Eve, graduations, you name it, they sing this song there.  Sorta inevitable.
"Let Me Clear My Throat" - DJ Kool - Always a crowd favorite!


What do you think of this list?  Any of your favorites make the Thought Catalog's list?  Any you would add?

No comments:

Post a Comment