Wednesday, August 1, 2012

#WhatchaListeningTo Wednesdays

Here's what I'm listening to this week, as we are moving into the first week of August (where'd the summer go?):

  • The Avett Brothers - Live And Die - Their new song was featured on NPR's Summer Music Preview back in June, and their new album is to be released in September. I just heard this song for the first time this week and it's making me excited to hear more new songs.  Also, who doesn't love NPR? 
  • Amos Lee - Flower - I was lucky to be at a meet-and-greet with Amos in April 2011 and then see him perform at the Wilbur Theater and he played this song, of course. It wasn't so much of a 'meet-and-greet' as it was a 'sit-and-look'... but that's a different story altogether.  Also, the artist within me loves the video. "I know there's darkness before the dawn/ Tomorrow's comin' and yesterday's gone..." 
  • Punch Brothers - Movement and Location - A new-ish band to me, looking forward to checking out more from them...
  • Barry McGuire - Eve of Destruction - my mom was really excited when this came on the SiriusXM station she had on this past weekend when I was visiting - both of my parents started to reminisce/talk about music.
  • Gomez - See The World - cool video, and this is a band that I've been wanting to see for a while, and just keep missing every time they're in the area. "Day to day/ Where do you want to be?"




So, #whatchalisteningto?

No comments:

Post a Comment