Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Here's what I'm listening to this week. I hope that, if you're reading this, you are safe amidst the hurricane madness that's hit the East Coast. It's been a tad scary in my area outside Boston, but it's nothing compared to what's in NYC and NJ. Be safe, friends.
Churchill - Change - It starts at about 0:37. This video is interesting - listen to what the guy says just before the music starts. I think it's a pretty cool concept.
Bob Schneider - 40 Dogs (Like Romeo and Juliet) - "It's not as easy as I said it'd be, but there’s something right about you and me..."
Trampled by Turtles - Alone - Just a sweet, simple, reflective song.
Ben Folds Five - Mess - I'd never heard this BFF song before.
The Shins - Australia - "Dare to be one of us, girl, facing the android's conundrum..."
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Here's what I'm listening to this week:
- Snow Patrol - This Isn't Everything You Are - I think that this song came into my mind recently when dealing with tough times with my chronic illness. The title is true, chronic illness doesn't have to define who you are, even if it's hard to see past it at times. Music is the best medicine!
- Ed Sheeran - Lego House - Okay, even though he's blown up on every Top-40 radio station and looks like the redhead from Harry Potter (at least in this video), this song caught my attention yesterday. I could also just be a sucker for a cute love song here and there...
- Guster - Homecoming King - I've always had love for Guster for years, and this song makes me think back to college when the album, Keep It Together, came out. I was still pretty new to Massachusetts, and the state gets a shout-out... stuck in my mind from that point on, I guess!
- Susan Tedeschi - Back to the River - Um, have you heard the voice on this woman? Sing it, Susan.
- Stars - Take Me To The Riot - Been listening to them a lot lately for some reason! Missed their Boston show, which was a bummer. I need to see them again! They put on such a great show, really a must-see.
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Here's what I'm listening to this week:
- San Cisco - Awkward - This one is definitely stuck in my head, thanks to @RadioBDC! It always seems to come on later in the afternoon when I'm listening to the station and working on random art projects, for some reason. Either way, it's catchy and it's growing on me. Someone toss me a tambourine!
- Citizen Cope - Something to Believe In - I'd love to see this guy live. I've seen him on Palladia, performing at some festival or another, and he seems to put on a good show - a mix of rock, soul, blues, what more could you want?
- Ryan Adams - Oh My Sweet Carolina - "All the sweetest winds they blow across the south/ Oh my sweet Carolina..."
- Of Monsters and Men - Mountain Sound - another from the #MusicMyFriendsGotMeInto category, thanks to the lovely Courtney! This one is also still growing on me, too.
- Band of Horses - Is There a Ghost - what a fun music video!
Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Here's what I've been listening to this week:
- Calexico - Splitter - This song has a great driving beat, and, at least for me, sounds like a mix of Ryan Adams and Indigo Girls. I love the horns. What do you think?
- Beady Eye - The Roller - Can anyone say The Beatles? I am diggin' it! If it also sounds reminiscent of Oasis, that's because Liam Gallagher and 2 other members from Oasis.
- Alexi Murdoch - All My Days - Okay, so I have been hearing this song in a commercial, and knew it was a voice that I loved, but couldn't place it. Turns out, it's a voice I've mentioned here before. "Now I see clearly/ It's you I'm looking for/ All of my days..."
- Sea Wolf - Old Friend - This was just one of those songs on a drive home from work when I wanted to not have to think about anything due to stress. It fit the bill - it's a good song to have on if you are just looking for some 'chill out' music, plain and simple.
- Delta Rae - Bottom of the River - This one goes out to Courtney! She recommended that I check it out. I only know one other song by this band, and these songs are a bit different from one another, so check 'em both out. The video for "Bottom of the River" seems perfect for this almost-Halloween season! This band seems pretty talented, and I'd love to catch them live.