Wednesday, October 3, 2012

#WhatchaListeningTo Wednesday

Here's what I've been listening to this week:

  • Calexico - Splitter - This song has a great driving beat, and, at least for me, sounds like a mix of Ryan Adams and Indigo Girls. I love the horns. What do you think?
  • Beady Eye - The Roller - Can anyone say The Beatles? I am diggin' it! If it also sounds reminiscent of Oasis, that's because Liam Gallagher and 2 other members from Oasis.
  • Alexi Murdoch - All My Days - Okay, so I have been hearing this song in a commercial, and knew it was a voice that I loved, but couldn't place it. Turns out, it's a voice I've mentioned here before.  "Now I see clearly/ It's you I'm looking for/ All of my days..."
  • Sea Wolf - Old Friend - This was just one of those songs on a drive home from work when I wanted to not have to think about anything due to stress.  It fit the bill - it's a good song to have on if you are just looking for some 'chill out' music, plain and simple.
  • Delta Rae - Bottom of the River - This one goes out to Courtney! She recommended that I check it out.  I only know one other song by this band, and these songs are a bit different from one another, so check 'em both out.  The video for "Bottom of the River" seems perfect for this almost-Halloween season!  This band seems pretty talented, and I'd love to catch them live.




  
So, #WhatchaListeningTo?

No comments:

Post a Comment