Friday, November 30, 2012

In Concert - Grace Potter and the Nocturnals / Trampled By Turtles

My incessant concert contest-entering paid off again!  I won a pair of tickets from 92.5 The River to see Grace Potter and the Nocturnals (with Trampled By Turtles opening) on November 30th at the House of Blues - Boston.  It's one of my favorite music venues in the area - great sound and atmosphere.  I was especially psyched because we had access to the Foundation Room!  If I could model my future home after the Foundation Room, I would.  I have a photo of the Prayer Room as the background on my phone - such a beautiful place.

Trampled By Turtles

video
I had only heard one song by Trampled By Turtles - Alone (featured on #WhatchaListeningTo Wednesday a few weeks ago), but I was not disappointed by their set at all.  I loved "Victory" - "the rain came at the break of day/ your light in the windowpane, said come on in..."  TBT really got the audience's energy level up - I'd love to see them again, for sure!

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals - Wow.  They know how to put on a show, and that they did.  Grace started out at the keys with a shawl-type covering draped over her shoulders, and heels on, and ended up losing both, showing off her short skirt and killer legs.  Damnnnnn, Gina.  

She told the crowd that she was "glad to be back home in New England" - I learned that she is from Vermont, and there were shirts at the merch table with Vermont on it.  

She dedicated "One Short Night" to "all you troublemakers in Boston."

Overall, a FUN show - I now understand why there were TWO sold-out shows!

Thanks again to 92.5!

No comments:

Post a Comment